Saturday, September 13, 2014

Mo. & Co.

I've now completed this commissioned piece. I don't really have a name for it, but have been calling it "Mo & Co." It's gouache and acrylic on wood panel, 18" x 24" and has since travelled to its home in Oregon, where it will be a birthday present for a very young man, here seen sitting on a log petting a frog. Maureen, the client (left) was a pleasure to work with. It was truly a fun project.



Here's my progress. I could probably use some workspace efficiency improvements, but until then, I go as I go.

Wednesday. Good morning!


Midday...
Day's end

End of the day Thursday


Almost!

4 comments:

Christa said...

Love seeing the progress steps. The fox looks like my cat! Are you painting on those deep wood painting panels?

Stephanie K. Birdsong said...

Hi Christa, thanks! Yes, I'm using the 1 1/2 inch thick wood panel for this piece. I usually use the ones from Blick.

kippi said...

Thank you for sharing your progress photos. It's very interesting to see how some bits change as you move to the final piece.

Your work is amazing and so creative.

Stephanie K. Birdsong said...

Thanks, Kippi, that's so nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...